Art directors (advertising) create visual ideas to be used in the development of advertising and communication programs, and plan and execute the campaign. Advertising art directors works indoors, usually in an office. The hours they work are highly irregular and will depend on their current assignments.
DUTIES AND TASKS
Advertising art directors may perform the following tasks:
- talk to clients throughout the creation stage to gain their approval
- provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to other creative staff
- manage and drive the creative development of advertising, promotional and communication projects
- manage and direct outside creative resources as needed.
- artistic ability
- energetic and highly motivated
- good written and oral communication skills
- able to work under pressure
- good organisation skills
- problem-solving skills